The Skin Aging Process
The process of skin aging.
As we grow old, our skin also grows old. Skin aging is inevitable process, but we can delay it by treating it with good skincare products.
Factors affecting skin.
Moreover, our skin is affected by external and internal factors. Primary factors contributing to wrinkled, spotted skin includes exposure to sun, pollution, and loss of subcutaneous fat.
Other factors include lifestyle, diet, hereditary, personal habits, smoking, and obesity.
- Skin changes that come with age:
As we grow older, we notice that our skin responds accordingly and changes with time. Some of the major skin changes over time are:
- Roughness in Skin
- With time skin develops lesions for instance benign tumors.
- Our skin starts losing elastic tissue and which causes it to hang loosely.
- Skin becomes transparent and fragile over time.
- The thinner blood vessel wall causes the skin to get easily bruised.
- Loss of fat below the skin in the chin, nose, cheeks, sunken eyes and causes skeleton appearance.
- At the age of 60 bone loss is seen around the mouth, chin, and puckering of the skin around the mouth.
- Cartilage loss in the nose causes drooping of the nasal tip and accentuation of the bony structures in the nose.
Relation between the sun and the skin.
As our skin gets older, the Ultraviolent (UV) radiations coming from the sun destroy the certain elastin fibers in the skin which leads the skin to sag, stretch and lose its ability to snap back after stretching. Signs of bruises and tears take more than usual to heal because the skin starts losing its regenerating power over time. There is nothing that can completely undo the damage of Sun UV radiations, but some techniques can reverse some of the damage caused by the sun, for instance, Laser treatment. Sunscreen also minimizes the damage from the sun.
Other skin changes.
Facial movement lines become more visible when skin starts losing its elasticity usually at the age of 40. Lines appear horizontally on the forehead, small, curved lines on upper cheeks and around mouth and vertically on the root of the nose.
You can delay this process of aging by having a good knowledge of skincare products and by applying anti-aging serums, creams, and face wash regularly on your skin.