What are omega fatty acids benefits for your skin?
Omega fatty acids are well recognized for their beneficial effects on our body.
There is a total of 11 omega-fatty acids but only 2 Omega fatty acids (omega 3 and omega6) are considered as essential nutrients that cannot be synthesized in the body. Therefore, consuming directly from foods or dietary supplements is the only practical way to increase the levels of these fatty acids in the body.
How Omega Fatty Acids provide benefits to the skin?
Most of the people are not familiar with the remarkable effects of omega fatty acids on the skin. Essential omega fatty acids serve as the building block of the cell membrane. These fatty acids in the skin cells maintain the skin barrier function and retain water in the skin.
The following are the advantages of using omega fatty acids on the skin.
1. Protects against the sun’s harmful ultraviolet radiation and reduces the sun sensitivity in the patients of photodermatitis. According to the studies, patients who applied omega fatty acids on skin had 25% less skin redness.
2. Reduces the inflammation associated with acne.
3. Omega fatty acids retain moisture in the dry, itchy skin caused by the several skin diseases like psoriasis and atopic dermatitis
4. Application of omega fatty acids reduces the chance of skin cancer
5. Accelerates wound healing.
6. Some studies have suggested that omega fatty acids may boost hair growth and reduces hair loss.
7. Omega fatty acids provide antioxidants to fight to age.
How to Add an Omega Fatty Acid Products to Your Skin Care Routine?
If you are using a basic skincare routine and want advanced omega fatty acids formula, you can add omega serums and omega moisturizers in your routine. After cleansing, toning, and exfoliating your skin, you can apply omega fatty acids serum or moisturizer once or twice daily.